Sunday, April 24, 2011

MySA Election..

First of all, Congratulations to the new RIT MySA eboard members that been elected yesterday. I hope you guys would do you the task given thoroughly. The trust had been given, so take the responsibilities and reach the best out of yourself. 

To whoever are easily offended or small minded, please leaves this blog now.

On the side note, I personally had a several comments on what going on last night. Before that, this post is not related to my lost  in last night election at all. I decided to write this as a reminder, for me and whoever care to read this post.

1. We started with manifesto presentations. When you were nominate as the candidates, it means that some people want you to be on that position. Yes, you get supports from some people, so don't afraid to stand up and state your points.

2. Well, I did not deny that holding responsibilities are the most difficult things on earth, but that does not means with that sentence, you hold your back and did not want the positions. Allah already elected you as a khalifa in this world; can you run from those responsibilities? Dear self and friends, it is time to stand up and push our-self beyond the limits.

3. I screwed up my debate. It was like the first time I ever been in debate team, and I never watched English debates before. Basically, now I know that my weaknesses, which were I did not have enough critical thinking skills and the courage to talk in front of the people. Stage fright, shall I say? I hope there's another debate next time. New Mr Pres, take note!

4. The paper ballot went well, the announcement was also good. It will be much more excitement if the amount of vote that is so closed  was announced. Well, no hard feeling though..=)

5. At the end, someone told me, if you did lost by one vote, that was his vote because he simply looked the next person sitting beside him and voted the same. Well, I did not blame you for the lost, but next time do vote for yourself. Be responsible!

All in all, yesterday night teach me a lot about almost everything. I glad I gone through that night! And don't forget, I'll never failed myself easily in this [click link].

6 comments:

siputsedut said...

i would love to participate in the next debate if there is any=P holding a responsibility as a khalifa is not an easy things to do, and so, the life of a'bid helps balance the khalifa life so that our purpose as a human being in this world is achieved. some people do good in something that others don't. human are unique..=)

FaRHaN SyAHiR said...

Yes we have the capabilities in different things, and don't afraid to get it out. We are already in US and will not be here forever.

jom debate jom!

ASBARTS® said...

fuohhh
this is good
haaaa
inilah Paan!

Unknown said...

well,there's are some points I agreed and I'm not agreed with you.first point,yes.some people see some potential in the candidates and believe they can learn to be leader.so we must have confidence in ourselves but just remind ourselves not to be overconfident.

second point, i strongly agreed with you.i dont feel election is an election when other candidates are just stepped back and got sympathy votes (if any).the thing is we are a leader for our own selves so why saying ambiguous line like 'i'm not good,others are better' while the real meaning is 'i am the one'.*sigh*

I would love to improve myself through debate too.=)

Finally,I dont think the amount of vote should be told to one party only.If the election committee wanted to keep it a secret,so let it be, for voters and candidates as well.If they wanted to announce it,do it to both parties. Since it will not reduce the credibilities of those who won,because majority is still majority.

Lastly,knowing that we have some potential to be polished are good enough,i dont mean to be settled and do nothing to improve,responsibilities are again not something to be proud of,but a challenge and will be judged by Allah.

Allah is the best planner,when I dont get something I wanted, I think 'ohh,I might be proud or selfish or forget solah if I get those'. keep the faith my friend=)

Unknown said...

well,there's are some points I agreed and I'm not agreed with you.first point,yes.some people see some potential in the candidates and believe they can learn to be leader.so we must have confidence in ourselves but just remind ourselves not to be overconfident.

second point, i strongly agreed with you.i dont feel election is an election when other candidates are just stepped back and got sympathy votes (if any).the thing is we are a leader for our own selves so why saying ambiguous line like 'i'm not good,others are better' while the real meaning is 'i am the one'.*sigh*

I would love to improve myself through debate too.=)

Finally,I dont think the amount of vote should be told to one party only.If the election committee wanted to keep it a secret,so let it be, for voters and candidates as well.If they wanted to announce it,do it to both parties. Since it will not reduce the credibilities of those who won,because majority is still majority.

Lastly,knowing that we have some potential to be polished are good enough,i dont mean to be settled and do nothing to improve,responsibilities are again not something to be proud of,but a challenge and will be judged by Allah.

Allah is the best planner,when I dont get something I wanted, I think 'ohh,I might be proud or selfish or forget solah if I get those'. keep the faith my friend=)

FaRHaN SyAHiR said...

First of all, thank you for such a long comment. Really appreciate it.

about the amount of vote, wak and me personally ask the committee about it. We both wondered and agreed to about the decision to ask nazrin. yeah maybe it might be unfair for the voter, but I can assure you, even I lost with that amount of vote, it would not affect my perception toward the new eboard of MySA.

anyway thank you again for the comment. InsyaAllah, we'll be the best that ourselves can be.